Hi lovelies! to get into the mood for this post I''m writing it after dark with a strawberry matcha latte and a cute rituals candle lit!! Romanticising the little things makes a huge difference <3
Here in Ireland and I think everywhere but America this season is called autumn, but I like fall better. My favourite part has always been watching the leaves change colours and fall as you walk under them, In a way I feel like the trees, I think a little part of me dies in winter and I get more depressed then spring comes along and I feel a bit better, as much as I can I guess.. My bestfriend once told me that trees were what grounded her, and that I needed to find what grounded me.
This was the day after my 15th birthday when I was having a mental breakdown and she was the one there with me. I wish I was a tree, but that's not what grounds me and I still don't know what does. Maybe it's music, Maybe it's writing, I don't know yet. There's a lot I don't know and I think I'm fine with that. I can learn. If you had asked me a couple of weeks ago, I would've told you I don't like writing because I could never write as well as I think, but I think that's changed with my blog now as I hoped it would! Knowing someone out there is reading it helps, even if it's only one person it makes a difference to me .
On another note, I'm starting fifth year!! Technically the Irish equivalent of junior year in America which is crazy to me because I feel like it was only yesterday I was a first year entering the halls and now I'm gonna be mentoring them! I submitted an application and was chosen to be a mentor which I'm very excited for. I would love to make a difference in someone's life, even only a small one yk? (i'm starting to sense this is going to be a long post i'm losing my train of thought and spiralling off into new topics) I love seeing people smile because of me 🥹 My love language is also giving gifts it's my favourite thing ever to do especially like souvenirs from holidays.
Going into fall, I'm really trying to stay positive and remember that it's not always going to be like this and someday it'll be better than this yk? Like I said earlier, romanticising the little things in day to day life like morning coffee, candles lit while writing, meditation etc does make a difference in how you see things. I'm trying to get into yoga in the spiritual aspect and honestly I'm trying everything I can. I've tried journalling and it never works, but blogging seems to be working for me instead. Right now I have a lot of free time, it's all I have actually because of summer break, but I think my plan is to allocate a little bit of time before bed to my blog each night when school starts, to keep me in a balance of study, social life and blogging. Hopefully all this helps me because i can feel winter depression creeping in already
signing off with love, farrah <3
ps.. should i change up my theme a bit for fall? i feel like my current theme is very spring-y. It wouldn't be a huge unrecognisable change, just a few different tones of colour and stuff

Ugh, I love fall too, the weather is soooo freaking cozy. The perfect mixture of "not too hot and not too cold". It's the peak of all of the most amazing pastries and drinks; it's the in between of the best holidays, too. It takes time to know what really grounds a person, and that's okay. I'm still figuring that out for myself, but the journey is sooo worth it. I love writing and although I'm not the best at it, it's still fun to do. (I also spiral because a new thought comes and I just have to write about it, lol!) Continue to find the joy in everything you do no matter what. I hope you enjoy your fifth year, its so fun! <3
ReplyDeletethank you so much ur so sweet!
Deletei Totally agree! like why does it have to be hot it annoys me so much! and i absolutley adore your righting stile!
ReplyDelete🫶🏾🫶🏾
Delete