On one hand, I'm so super excited to make new friends and have a fresh start at learning, considering I'm taking all new subjects for fifth year. I'm a mentor this year, which means I'm going in tomorrow, (I actually start Tuesday the first) to help the first years get settled into school and well, mentor them.
Little side note before I start rambling, thank you guys so much for 100 followers!! i love you all ♡
Quick brief for those who aren't familiar with the Irish school system, we have primary school for 8 years ages 4 or 5 through 12 or 13, then secondary for either 5 or 6 years. There's an optional 4th year called TY that you can do between junior cycle and senior cycle. First through third year, we do something called a junior cycle which is a completely unimportant exam at the end of third year that doesn't usually matter later on and actually just prepares you for the leaving cert, in which you do 6 or usually 7 (only six count to ur grade) subjects and determines if you get into university.
Anyway, I don't think I did bad on the junior cert at all (results in October, I'll keep you guys updated and tell you what I get!). On the contrary, I think I did great considering I did anything but study when it actually mattered. I studied for the mock exams and then gave up on the real ones, but surprisingly I still remembered everything I had studied for the mocks come the real exam.
Sorry, I got off track, this post is actually supposed to be about my ambitions and hopes for this year. I want this to be a fresh start. I'm not here to say i don't love my friends, but I need a fresh start and new friends. Over the summer, I went to this two week psychology course at a university and met the most amazing people, and it made me realise how limited my friends are. I have a lot of them, but only 2 or 3 i can REALLY talk to about anything, or that get me and can have conversations about things deeper than surface level
Also, I'd like a fresh start with my academics. Every time I want the year to be a fresh start, I have to look back at last year's notes that are literally falling apart, and written so messily I can barely read them. This year, everything is all new and fresh, and all my notes from the past three years are being recycled somewhere else! I think mentoring will be a nice start to my year and get me started on the right track and I hope all my books being new and having cute school supplies helps because I really don't wanna fall behind this year. I'll keep you guys updated with how the mentoring for the first three days goes!
signing off with love, farrah ♡
.jpeg)
I, myself, love pretending I’m like Rory and “romanticize” school (especially in the fall/winter seasons). Cute supplies, a cozy room also helps me too! I hope mentoring goes well! Wishing you a beautiful fresh start and an easy going and STRONG academic year! Cheers to more amazing friends in which you could talk about other things than what Mr. “Bailey” gave you for homework, lol.
ReplyDeletethank you so much queen! update coming soon ♡
Delete