photo

photo

25.8.26

"Cause why else would you want me, I think i've got a fucked up face"

 - Phoebe, Audrey Hobert

Hi lovelies!! I wanted this to be my first post in my new series, "when a song says it better", where I take a lyric I relate to and/or love, and use it to convey my own thoughts, because the moment Audrey Hobert started releasing music, I was hooked. She's now one of my favourite artists ever ♡ 
 Listen here ↑↑↑

I had already known of Audrey's existence before her music and knew she had written some for Gracie Abrams, but the moment she released Bowling Alley, her first single, I fell head over heels

There aren't a whole lot of songs that perfectly encapsulate how I feel, but this is one, if not THE one. It feels a bit wrong to be making this post at a time when I finally think i'm pretty, but this lyric perfectly explains exactly how I used to feel about myself, and sometimes still do. There was a time in my life in which I covered my mirrors and avoided all other ones because I was so convinced I was the most disgusting person to look at. At that same time, I never thought anyone was ever ugly. Who decides what ugly is? Well technically societal norms but beauty is subjective and there's beauty in us all. Now I realise, that I was never the exception to that rule that I thought I was.

So many girls feel like phoebe every day, and nobody should. There's beauty in us all, even if we can't see it in ourselves. Be kind to yourself, not just to everyone else

signing off with love, farrah 

2 comments:

  1. My god, I felt the same way. But I love the "Who decides what ugly is?", because really, who does? We're all different to each person. I could be the most beautiful creature to ever walk earth to "Johnny", but an ugly goblin to "Luke" lol. So, f it all, I say. As long as I'm satisfied with MY looks, idc. I feel like everyone should always be in their idgaf attitude anyway. And I also feel like SOME need to heavily be in their "stfu" attitude too, because who are you to call someone ugly, right? Wait, let me hush, lol. Anyway, I agree with all that you said. <3

    ReplyDelete