photo

photo

30.8.26

Can god be all merciful and all powerful at the same time?

 

 Hi Lovelies! This post has a bit of a different topic to my usual but we'll see how this goes! To preface, these are my own beliefs and questions and everyone is entitled to have their own without judgement 

As an ex muslim with a very religious mother, never once when I was young did I think I would feel like this someday. To me, god was THE truth, there was no life without him and life without him resulted in burning hell for eternity. Bit gorey for a child but oh well. Then, I was 14 and questioning everything, wondering how any of it made sense. 

The day after my 15th birthday, I broke down. My best friend had slept over and I talked to her about everything, about religion and about other things too (she's muslim) and she understood and just let me cry. That was the day I stopped asking god to make me a better muslim and just gave up.

Now, I know that might sound lazy to a lot of people, instead of putting in the work I just gave up, but I couldn't understand why god would create anybody if he was all merciful. I believe the true act of mercy would have been to never create any human. Humans are destructive, whether we mean it or not. I mean, look at the environment and how much harm we cause it on a daily basis, look at all the genocides and wars happening as you read this, look at all the animals going extinct because of human activity. All of these are horrible yes, and humanity can be horrible but I'm not saying it always is. I'm saying that if humanity didn't exist, we wouldn't cause these things, and wouldn't that be most merciful?
I have so much more to say but I think I'll leave it for another post.


Signing off with love, farrah 


4 comments:

  1. I agree totally, I've always struggled to find a religion that didn't leave me questioning. Especially growing in a very Southern Baptist town. How can a merciful all loving God create a world with so much hate? If you haven't already, you should look into Pantheism! It's what I most align myself with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember I always said that humans create their own problems because in reality, we do. Money, money and more money.
    We are the top of the food chain, we’re also the “smartest”, we’ve found unique ways and tactics to torture others throughout history, but rarely on helping others and our planet.(See how crazy that sounds?) I also think that humans are very much like parasites to this beautiful earth. It wows me on how someone could make humans, put us on this earth (THAT WE NEED) and let us destroy it. Why can’t we all just get a long? How about build an actual community and help each other grow our own HEALTHY foods. We’ve prioritized convenience over quality for far too long.
    We have sooo much free will and this is what we do with it. I will always mourn the earth for what it could’ve been.

    ReplyDelete